Our History

 

Pond A

William Pond

1874 early church

1874

The history of our church dates back to 1873, when Chinese people of San Francisco were welcomed into a congregation started by Dr. William Pond.

 

 

1918

1918

We survived exclusion, discrimination, the great earthquake and fire of 1906, and moved into our current building in 1921.

 

 

Church exterior

Today

After 145 years, we’re still going strong!

 

 

 

 

 

 From the Files

For more information,  please contact:  office@chinesecongsf.org